Saturday, March 19, 2011

First Homeschool Meetup

James, Alexandra & I had our first meetup with a homeschool group this past Tuesday.  I joined the group less than two weeks ago in an effort to meet & make friends for James (and hopefully myself & even Alexandra along the way).  There were four other local homeschooling moms & their kiddos there.  Two of them were meeting up with the group for the first time like I was, so that was nice to not feel like the "new kid."  We all talked for a couple of hours & they seemed really nice.  The kids all had a great time with all of the bounce houses, even Alexandra enjoyed them!  (James would've been too scared at that age, especially by himself - she went in a big bounce house while I watched but wasn't in there with her and she did great!)

The group seems to have meetups at least once a week, sometimes more.  So I'm hoping that we will get to know everyone and make some friends.  It's great to know we're off to a great start as far as James getting quality socialization while homeschooling. 

No comments: