Thursday, September 1, 2011

We have a homeschool start date! *UPDATED*

Since I'll be receiving the last of James' curriculum materials for his kindergarten year sometime next week  I have received James' phonics curriculum!  The final one we were waiting on!   I can now say when we plan to start James' first day of homeschool kindergarten!


James will start his first day of kindergarten on Monday, September 12, 2011 Tuesday, September 6, 2011!

We are both excited about this. 

We decided that since Jim has Mondays & Tuesdays off, one of those days would be strictly family days.  So we'll be doing James' schooling Tuesday through Saturday.  Now, if he finishes 5 lessons of math, 5 lessons of phonics, 2 lessons of health & whatever else we add in BEFORE the 5 days are up, he gets those extra days off if he wishes.  If not, I'll just have to get to work on getting the next 5 lessons prepped & he can march on through & just finish early!  I'm going to be sure he doesn't fall behind but other than that it's his own pace. I just love the flexibility of homeschooling!


No comments: